The purpose of this blog is to share stories from the road of Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Clown Alley. With this resource we can relive those days and have a better understanding of the transitions within Clown Alley over the years. I feel historically it's important to share these stories for future generations. 

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bread for the masses



This story about Frosty Little comes From Angel Ocasio  CC '84.............
Here is my Frosty story from Clown College.
 
When I went to clown college, there was the weekly french bread pickup at Albertson's, for .50 a loaf. One day he asked me to go with him. I remember entering the store and grabbing a shopping cart, maybe two, and filled it to capacity with hot french bread (you had to get there around 4:00 to get them out of the oven). When we got back to the Vela, all who ordered gathered at the trunk of his car and handed out loaves of bread. Man, the french bread tasted sooooooo good.
 
26 years later, whenever I walk into my local Albertson's and pass by the bakery, whether I pick up a loaf of french bread or not, I think of my day with Frosty.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment